Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More thoughts on communication...

It's a week later and I'm back to share more of my thoughts on communication. In my last post I posed a question -- How do you define communication? In this post I'll dig a little deeper. Currently, our society has turned the communication world on its head. For so many years the basic modes of communication that existed were spoken and written.

And then came the technology boom introducing answering machines, voice mails, and emails. Fast forward to this very second and we're surrounded by text messaging, IM's, blogs, Myspace, Facebook, twits and smart phones.

So again -- how do you define communication? Is it two board and varied to put into one box, so to speak? Does it mean different things to different people? Does it suit the needs of the masses, or are people being herded like cattle from one latest-and-the-greatest invention to the next?

What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment